Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Quick Toasted Antipasto Sandwich

I had been out shopping had a little rest and then went out with DO when he was selling raffle tickets at the Bowling Club. Mind you, the prizes are meat trays so I wasn't at all upset when the tickets we bought didn't win.

I made this sandwich (for lack of a better word) and it was really yummy. I used melty cheezly on it and I am not so sure if I like it or not. I had bought some antipasto in a tub at the supermarket and the Lebanese bread was in the freezer. I'll try it without the cheezly next time.

Earlier that day, I had bought myself a cafe sandwich press because, even though the George Forman Health Grill works well for this recipe, the DS and DO cook sausages and steak in it and they never ever cleans it properly. The new cafe sandwich press is mine and mine alone ahhhhahaha* NO ONE is allowed to cook meat on it, even if they promise to clean it afterwards.



Quick Toasted Antipasto Sandwich.**

Heat up a cafe sandwich press (or George Forman Health Grill).
In the centre of a round of lebanese bread, place cheezly and a nice mixture of antipasto. Roll the whole lot up in a piece of greasproof paper and toast until the bread is crunchy and the sandwich ingredients are hot.



*evil laughter
**Darn, I forgot to photograph my dish again. Next time I make it, I will add a couple of photographs (if I remember).
evil laughter

No comments:

Post a Comment