Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sweet Chilli Hommus

A year or so ago, in the refrigerator section of my supermarket was Sweet Chilli Hommus on sale. I decided to buy it to try the next time we had donor kebabs. It turned out delish and every time we had kebabs, I bought a tub. I would have any leftovers on a sandwich the next day. The tubs however, were small and not really that cheap.

Yesterday, I whipped up a batch of Sweet Chilli Hommus and it was even better than the bought variety...and I never say that! The base recipe was from the Vegan/Vegetarian Society of Queensland and I added the sweet chilli sauce afterwards, to taste.

Sweet Chilli Hommus

1 can drained chick peas
4 cloves crushed garlic
1/3 cup tahini paste
1/3 cup olive oil
juice of one lemon
pinch salt
1/2 cup sweet chilli sauce

Throw all ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth. If the hommus is a little dry, add more oil or lemon juice.


No comments:

Post a Comment