Thursday, January 22, 2009

Who'da thunk it a month ago?

DO has been encouragement with my decision to be vegan and has not once complained about any of the vegan meals that I have been cooking. In fact, he has raved over the Lentil patties with Spicy Peanut Sauce as well at my Tomato Curry in a Hurry.

He doesn't like grain bread all that much and prefers white but he has been eating mostly grain bread on his lunch and says he feels fuller afterwards, which is a good thing. I don't stop him eating meat or cheese or having milk in his coffee if he really wants it but so far he has only had a handful of breakouts. He hasn't even been snacking that much of an evening.

Do and I were talking last night and I idly wondered if he might lose weight because he has cut down on the cheese and meat. I really would be surprised if I lost weight because of my thyroid problem but if I don't stack the weight on, I will be happy. Then without prompting, he mentioned how much energy he had at the end of his last game of golf. He has been playing more fortnightly and walking the 18 holes and last week he took a bottle of Gatorade with him because it has been so hot. DO has also been on an almost-vegan diet for the last five weeks and reckons it is a combination of all three things that has given him the extra energy.

He is happy to keep eating the meals I cook that are 100% vegan but occasionally break out and eat meat or cheese or have dairy milk in his coffee. He is being really supportive and I couldn't be prouder of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment