Tuesday, February 10, 2009

chocolate cup cakes

When did Aussies start calling patty pans cupcakes?


I made these delicious little chocolate cupcakes from this recipe from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World.

They were easy to make, easier than creaming butter and sugar and breaking eggs! I didn't have to buy anything special just used the ingredients that I already had in my pantry. This recipe was supposed to make 12 muffin sized cakes but I used small patty pans and it made 29 small cupcakes. Of course the cooking time reduced from 20 minutes to 10 minutes in the smaller tins.

I made the icing for the cream cakes from vegan margarine, icing sugar mixture and vanilla. I decorated the plain cakes and then with the left over mock cream, I added a drop of strawberry flavouring and a drop of pink food colouring.

No comments:

Post a Comment