Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My first big failure

Well, I reckon this was my first big failure but DO kindly said it was edible. I tried to make Lemony Veggies (like lemon chicken minus the chicken) I worried that it wasn't going to be lemony enough but in the end, the lemon overpowered the flavours of the veggies. We ate our servings but then DO joked and said that if he had a lump of chicken in it, he would be happy. I was going to throw the leftovers out but DO said to save them and he would eat it tomorrow night. Hmmm...next time I make this, I think I will use the grated rind and juice of one lemon instead of the grated rind of two lemons. In my opinion the oils from the lemon rind was the overpowering factor in this sauce.

This was the ingredient list of the sauce for future reference:
1 cup veggie chicken stock
2 tablespoons white wine
2 tablespoons cornflour
3 teaspoons sugar
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
rind of two lemons
juice of one large lemon

No comments:

Post a Comment