Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Moroccan Spice Blend

At the moment, I have Moroccan Roast Vegies in the oven and the aroma in my kitchen is divine. I cut cut up sweet potato, potato, onion, carrots (pretty much all the fresh vegetables I had on hand), gave them a small drizzle of olive oil and sprinkled them liberally with Moroccan Spice Blend, and stuck them in a hot oven to cook. I still have plenty of the spice blend in the pantry for the next time I decide to do something Moroccan. Hmm...I have some cous cous in the pantry. I am thinking Moroccan Cous Cous. I found this recipe on Limes & Lycopene and there are some interesting recipes on this site.

Moroccan Spice Blend.
  • 2 teaspoons each of ground cumin, ground coriander, paprika, ginger and cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon each of ground white pepper and turmeric
  • 1/4 teaspoon each of chilli powder and ground nutmeg

Combine all spices and store in a sealed jar. Because spices lose their pungency with age, blend in small batches.

No comments:

Post a Comment