Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Spicy Vegetable and Bean Goulash

This is my adaptation of a recipe I found on a yahoo.com.au homepage. I found the original recipe for Vegetable and Bean Goulash a little bland for my tastes so I added some dried chilli flakes and white wine. Unfortunately , I didn't have spinach so I didn't add it, even though it was in the original recipe. DO really enjoyed this and has taken some to work to be reheated for his lunch. Once again, I didn't take a photo but I've added the one from the original recipe as it looks similar.



Spicy Vegetable and Bean Goulash


1 tab olive oil
1 leek, finely diced
3 cloves fresh garlic, crushed (I used the stuff in the jar)
1 red capsicum diced
1 green capsicum diced
3 large potatoes, peeled and diced into 2cm cubes
300 grams button mushrooms, sliced
400g can red kidney beans, drained
2 tabs paprika
300g can crushed tomatoes
1 cup vegetable stock
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 tea dried chilli flakes
salt and pepper

Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan. Cook leek until soft, about 4 min. Add garlic, capsicum, potato and mushrooms. Cook for a further 5 min. Add the beans, paprika, crushed tomato, white wine and stock. Season with salt and pepper. Stir well, cover and simmer for 10-15 min or until potatoes are tender. Serve with rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment