Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Candied Sweet Potatoes

I was in the supermarket and golden sweet potatoes were really cheap. I grabbed some and made Candied Sweet Potatoes which I served with regular roast potatoes, roast onions and a colourful mix bright green peas and sun yellow corn kernels. Alas, I was so busy cooking and eating that I forgot to take a photo. However this picture below is very similar. However, the recipe it came from is more complex and much higher in fat than mine. Do really enjoyed my candied sweet potatoes and they weren't too sweet despite the name.


Candied Sweet Potatoes

3 large Sweet Potatoes, peeled and diced into 1 inch cubes
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon light olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

Place diced sweet potatoes in boiling water. Boil until soft but not mushy (about 8-10 minutes). Drain off water.

In a medium-sized bowl, toss sweet potatoes with brown sugar, oil, salt, ginger and nutmeg.

Place in a baking dish and bake in a hot oven, uncovered, for 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment