Monday, July 4, 2011

Sweetened Condensed Soy Milk

My local supermarket doesn't sell condensed soy milk. I searched online for recipes and most of them use powdered soy milk. Again, this is something I haven't been able to find in my local supermarket. I found one recipe that uses liquid soy milk and adapted it. It takes a while but the end result is pretty yummy. Store in the refrigerator. I would suggest using the condensed milk within days of making it.



Sweete
ned Condensed Soy Milk

3 cups soy milk. (I used Soy Milky Lite.)
1/2 cup sugar.
1 large tab margarine (I use nuttelex)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence

Pour soy milk into a saucepan and add sugar, stir until sugar is dissolved and the milk is on a low simmer. Stir occasionally and keep simmering until mixture thickens and condenses to one cup of liquid. It will take one and a half to two hours. Remove and add the margarine and vanilla stirring until blended.

No comments:

Post a Comment